How big green egg is different from Weber’s original kettle. The big green egg has been the largest manufacturer of kamado-style cookers since 1974. their first cooker gained popularity due to its highest quality and efficient performance. The company grills are named eggs due to their shape and structure.
Both big green egg and Weber kettle use charcoal as fuel, but the egg with a more airtight design holds the heat efficiently. The Weber kettle also offers high-performance results and is strongly built, but the big green eggs cost you six times more than the Weber kettle.
The best way to know the cooking performance in charcoal grilling is by knowing how the fire is built and how the flame is controlled. It means checking the number of dampers responsible for controlling the airflow of the grill. Let’s compare big green egg with Weber kettle.
Big Green Egg vs Weber Kettle
Kamado Joe KJ15040921 Classic III 18 inch Charcoal Grill, Blaze Red
The 18″ ceramic grill with a rolling cart is made with high-grade steel with locking wheels. It comes with advanced SLOROLLER leverages that convert your Kamado joe into a high-quality smoker. It means you can use it as a smoker by distributing heat and smoke. The recirculating waves of smoke make the food delicious and increase the smoky flavor with reduced hot spots.
The kamado joe classic 3-tier divide and conquer features convert the grill grate into the most powerful cooking tool. The revolutionary multi-level half-moon design allows you to cook different types of foods at different temperatures, or it gives you the flexibility to cook all types of food at one time.
Its control tower top vent controls the airflows by opening and closing the dome. It is constructed with powder-coated cast aluminum and is rain and mold-resistant. It allows you to smoke from 225F and to sear at 750F.
The kamado joe patented airlift hinge reduced the dome weight by 96% lift the dome with your finger and set it wherever you want. The classic III featured the thick-walled ceramic body that locks the moisture and smoke of food.
- The mesh fiberglass gasket is made to handle the high temperatures and for an airtight seal
- The stainless steel latch lock the flavor and moisture for perfect cooking results
- Airlift hinge with reduced dome weight by 96% and avoid placing it on the ground. You can lift it with your finger
- The classic III Kamado Joe comes with a slide-out ash drawer that collects the ash and grease
- The top air damper to control the airflow for more precise temperature control
- Divide and conquer make it the most versatile cooking tool
- Steel rolling cart with side tables and locking wheels
- Slide-in ash drawer is easy to clean
- The temperature control is easy with damper
- Strongly constructed
- Perfect size for a small family
- Little bit heavier
- Rolling casters could be large for easy rolling
- Heavy to assemble
Weber Original Kettle Premium 26 Inch Charcoal Grill, Black
The 26-inch original kettle premium with a primary cooking surface 508 square inches that area is enough to hold 19 burgers and entire dinner during the week. The exclusive features include the stainless steel hinged cooking grate that is best for adding charcoal easily and the one-touch cleaning system with a removable ash catcher.
Weber kettle premium has a lid thermometer that shows you the accurate internal temperature of the grill. You can slide the lid over to the side of the grill instead of placing it on the ground. The sturdy porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat and for even temperatures. The finishing protects the grill from rust, cracking, and peeling.
The lid handle is covered with heat shields and prevents the handle from heat. The stainless steel hooks are given for easy access to grilling tools such as spatulas tongs—the 8-inch durable rubber molded wheels for easy moving across your backyard.
- One-touch cleaning system for easy cleaning of ash and debris
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retains the heat and is easy to clean
- The tuck-away lid holder on the side of the grill for placing the lid
- It is easy to add charcoal with a hinged cooking grate
- The premium heat shield handle
- The large cooking area is great to cook large pieces of food
- Easy to use and clean
- Easy to manage temperature
- Legs are made with thin metal
- The nuts attaching the lid handle are made cheaply
Difference between Kamado joe vs Weber kettle
The Weber kettle is a lightweight grill. The Kamado Joe with 286 pounds which make it difficult to portable from one place to another
The Kamado Joe is constructed with a thick-walled ceramic body that retains the heat and smoke inside the grill. Whereas the body of the Weber grill is made with Alloy steel, this is not as good as ceramic.
There is a huge price difference in both grill prices. The Kamado Joe costs you more than the Weber kettle. The fuel charges of Kamado Joe are also more than Weber kettle.
Kamado Joe comes with a rolling cart made with high-quality steel. The Kamado Joe also has a cart design, but it is not made with high-quality material.
Both grills kamado Joe and Weber’s kettle are efficient and durable. The Weber kettle is a reasonable price grill with outstanding features. The Kamado Joe is a versatile grill that can be used for grilling, smoking, and baking. Although its price is high, it can fulfill your needs.
We recommend you buy Kamado Joe KJ15040921 Classic III 18 inch Charcoal Grill, which is strongly built with ceramic material and includes 3-Tier Divide and conquers feature.
Consider all the features, pros, and cons of each grill. The buying decision will depend upon your grilling needs and requirements.