You must be ready to enjoy the grilling party with the perfect grill. The perfect grill has all the necessary features to make the grilling experience outstanding. A perfect portable pellet grill or smoker is necessary for a special party in your backyard. It may be difficult to select a grill or smoker from a lot of companies and models. Some buyers prefer to buy a high-quality grill and do not consider the price. On the other hand, some buyers consider the price of the grill.
Pit Boss and Green Mountain are the largest pellet grill and smoker manufacturers in the market. We will compare their features pros and cons so it will be easy for you to choose the best grill from the market.
Pit Boss vs Green Mountain
PIT BOSS 700FB Pellet Grill, 700 sq. in
The PIT BOSS pellet grill is an affordable price grill with a large cooking surface of 700 square inches. You do not need gas and charcoal, or propane because this grill uses wood pellets as fuel.
The large grilling area of the Pit Boss is enough to cook for the whole crowd.pit boss, a versatile grill, offers you to smoke, bake, braise, roast, grill, barbeque, char-grill, and sear. Pit Boss has a digital control board you can set the heat from 180fahrenheit to 500 Fahrenheit.
The adjustable flame broiler is added that allows you to cook food on direct and indirect heat. The cooking grates are porcelain coated and a dome thermometer to check the internal temperature. The hopper of the pit boss can hold 18lb wood pellets. It also has a bottom wire rack and two metal wheels that make the portability easy and quick.
- It is easy to read and control the temperature from a digital control board
- An 8-in-1 versatile pellet grill
- Possible to cook on direct and indirect heat
- The cooking grates are porcelain-coated
- The digital control box has an LED READOUT.
- Electric ignition
- Fan forced air to accelerate cooking
- 700 square inches cooking area
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Perfect size for a family of four to six
- Heavy-duty grill built to last
- It holds temperature well
- No side shelf
- No meat probe
GMG 2020 Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett Grill/Smoker with Cover
This GMG 2020 grill with 219 square inches cooking surface is basically for small families, campers, and tailgaters. You can cook two racks of ribs or 4-6 steaks or few burgers.
It is easy to control and monitor the heat with GMG smart control. It comes with a wifi controller so that you can control the temperature from your android device or iPhone. The green mountain grill offers you to set smoke and temperature from 150 Fahrenheit to 550 Fahrenheit with 5-degree increment control.
The Davy Crockett grill has a meat probe, a peaked lid for rib racks, a convenience tray with utensils hooks, and a sense-mat. The thermal sensor monitors the internal temperature of the grill. This grill can be used at home or for camping and tailgating because the voltage required for this grill is 12V or 120AC. The weight of the Davy Crockett grill is 57 pounds. You can place it in the trunk of the car. The hooper can hold the 9lb wood pellets.
- Easy to check and control the temperature with smart wifi control
- GMG app gives you access to many food recipes.
- Venture-style firebox for better heat distribution and combustion of pellets without wastage
- Vertical vent for better wood burning fire
- Foldable legs for easy transport
- The thermal sensor constantly checks the temperature
- Meat probe to monitor the internal food temperature
- Portable grill
- Consistent temperature
- Easy setup
- Push button to start
- Difficult to control the temperature
- Flimsy handles
- No way to change pellets if you want a different flavor
Pit Boss vs Green Mountain Comparison Table:
The pit boss and green mountain both have outstanding features. If you try to find out which is better than the other, it all depends upon your needs and preference. Pit Boss is the largest and well-known brand of the pellet grill. The pit boss pellet grill comes in large size with a large cooking surface. If your purpose is to buy a grill for big gatherings, then buy this grill.
The Davy crocket grill is of small size with 219 square inches cooking surface, best for tailgating and camping. It comes with a meat probe and thermal sensor features. You should buy a high-quality grill that best fits your budget and needs.